Hand Painted Kitchen In Kent By Traditional Painter Emma Brown
Standard factory kitchen installed in a new build house on a private estate gets a tailored update and total transformation by Traditional Painter for Kent Emma Brown Contact Emma Brown
1. The kitchen in its original state. After initial contact is made i send an email requesting photos and information. This gives me enough to work on an estimate. If my client is happy with this i then make a site visit. i bring my many A4 painted samples and colour charts, and my clients often have ideas and samples of there own e.g. magazine images, worktop/floor samples, fabric swatches etc. Together we work with what is staying e.g. curtains, floor, worktop, to create a few schemes and colour choices and discuss any other changes that could be made. There are always areas that can be updated. If it is something i can not do myself i have all the right contacts who can.
2. Start day. 1 begin by removing all the doors and drawer fronts and take them back to my woprkshop to prep and paint, this minimises site time and travel. It is also hugely helpful for me if my clients empty their cupboards. It also gives them a very satisfactory opportunity for a good sort out and declutter, a chance to get rid of the jar of spices from 2003 or the Chrismas pudding from 1998!!
3. After degreasing and sanding all areas to be painted , protecting work surfaces and floor ect, I apply 2 coats of bonding primer. A hardwearing coating that blocks any stains and tannins from the wood, forms a waterproof seal and sands back to a smooth surface.
4. Then a tinted undercoat and 2-3 coats of eggshell builds up the colour . And the kitchen is starting to take shape. Meamwhile back at the workshop the doors and drawer fronts are also getting the same treatment.
5. Finished Kitchen!! Doors and drawer fronts refitted and have their final coat applied on site. Once all correctly re-installed and aligned, the handles are fitted. And ta-da!!
Spot all the differences from the original photo.
New floor, New handles. Glazed units have been changed- glass panel and new glass shelves added to the right of the hob and two glazed units to the left have had wood panels fitted instead. And of course all painted in Mylands wood/metal eggshell colour equivalent to Farrow & Ball (Blue Gray).
What a transformation. It is like a brand new kitchen
Get in touch with me today to start transforming your kitchen. paintedbyemma.co.uk/get-in-touch/
Home – Painted by Emma
Tel: 07967 808601
- Hand Painted Kitchen Cabinets Kent & Home Counties- Emma Brown Traditional Painter
- Hand Painted Kitchens South West London- Fulham- Chelsea-Kensington-Wimbledon- Traditional Painter The Original Network Of Specialist Kitchen & Furniture Painters
- Hand Painted Kitchens In South East London-Blackheath-Dulwich-Greenwich-Traditional Painter The Original Network Of Kitchen Painters.
- Hand painted kitchen in Yorkshire – Doncaster
- Hand Painted Kitchen In Kent By Traditional Painter Emma Brown
Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, or print it out for reference. Thanks.